A poorly lit home is at best disappointing and at and its very worst unsafe to live in. Whereas, if you have a well-lit home:
- It will function effectively for you – whatever you are doing
- You will be able to change the atmosphere – whether you want to feel energised, relaxed or any other way
- It will be energy efficient
- It will be safe for you to live in
- You will notice everything else that you have invested your hard-earned money in
- You will be used to the compliments you get from guests…
… and all without you really being able to put a finger on why.
Think about the amount of time you will be spending in your new home, especially at the darker times of the year. How much do you rely on artificial lighting to be able to do what you need to do? Unless you carry around a torch or candle with you, from dusk till dawn, for walking around a room without banging into the furniture, tasks like cooking a meal or getting ready to go out, to getting up the stairs to bed safely, all need artificial light.
Think about what you will be investing in your new home – not just financially, but potentially your own blood, sweat and tears! Does getting your lighting right seem important?
I have come across Samantha Cole. She offers an online service to help you understand the basics of lighting design prices at £99.00 incl vat, up to a full design and specification service.
Samantha’s website can be found here http://www.samcoleslighting.co.uk/